Join us Wednesday, July 26 at 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT for a live, interactive tweetchat with Andrew Waxler, MD, on the personalizing of coronary artery disease diagnosis and care, inspired by his article Personalizing Coronary Artery Disease Diagnosis. Topics to be discussed include:
- What we currently know about the status of coronary artery disease in the United States
- What makes the diagnosis of coronary artery disease particularly challenging
- Why an accurate diagnosis for ruling out coronary artery disease in patients with possible symptoms is particularly important
- How clinicians can choose appropriate cardiac care pathways for patients in light of diagnosis being so difficult
- The age, sex, and gene expression score (ASGES) blood test for diagnosing coronary artery disease and how confident clinicians can be in the outcomes of ASGES tests
- Whether or not care based on ASGES scores can help improve coronary artery disease patient outcomes
- How clinicians can reduce the impact of coronary artery disease on individual, community, and national levels
- Procedures that are performed too often in diagnosing coronary artery disease
- How unnecessary diagnostics can be reduced in cardiac care
- The role personalized medicine can play in directing cardiac care
- The future of coronary artery disease
How to Join the Chat
- Log into your Twitter account. Don’t have an account? Where have you been?! Just kidding, we don’t judge, but you should get one! It’s easy to create, and free. You’ll be glad you did.
- A couple minutes before 9:00pm ET on July 26, Search Twitter (top right of every Twitter page) for #PWChat.
- On the search results page, click LATEST at the top left. This will show you all the latest tweets using the #PWChat hashtag. The page will automatically update every couple minutes, letting you know how many new tweets there are using the #PWChat hashtag.
- Answer questions, reply to other’s comments, or make a comment of your own as much and as often as you like. Just make sure to leave room in include #PWChat to make sure what you tweet is included in the chat. Otherwise, it won’t be seen.
- While you’re at it, be sure to follow @physicianswkly and @arwaxler!
About Dr. Waxler
Andrew Waxler, MD, is a cardiologist at Berks Cardiologists in Wyomissing, PA. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Waxler is also Certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners.
Dr. Waxler also practices cardiology at Penn State Hershey Medical Group St. Joseph Medical Center and the The Reading Hospital and Medical Center.
Dr. Waxler is the cardiology representative to the Pennsylvania Medical Society’s Specialty Leadership Cabinet. He is the advocacy chairman and a member of the executive council for the American College of Cardiology Pennsylvania chapter, as well as current president and patient advocacy chairman for the Berks County Medical Society. For over a decade, he has regularly hosted a local television show (“Heart to Heart”) as well as a local radio show (“Healthtalk”).